Marriage Certificate In Sydney Australia
Posted on Nov 22, 2016
You can apply for a certificate if the marriage occurred in NSW.
Apply online for a Marriage certificate
Apply by post, or in person
The standard certificate we provide is the official certified copy of the registration data and is usually sufficient evidence to have personal documentation, such as your driver's licence and passport, changed to your married surname.
Who can apply
Proof of identification (ID)
Commemorative marriage certificate packages
For marriages registered outside NSW, see : Other Registries & links. Or, for marriages over 50 years ago, if you don't require a certificate for official use, see : Family History.
Cost of certificates
Standard marriage certificate. Add $25 for Priority processing.
Commemorative package (includes standard certificate). Add $25 for Priority processing.
All certificates are distributed through Registered Post and include postage and handling. However, this does not ensure next day delivery.
Priority processing is not available for a recent marriage, or if your celebrant has sent your marriage papers to the Registry in the last 15 days.
Before a marriage certificate can be produced, your marriage must be registered. Your civil or religious marriage celebrant will register the marriage on your behalf.
Who can apply
In NSW, Marriage Certificates are only available to the bride and groom named on the certificate or their authorised representative.
If you are the bride or groom named on the certificate, the certificate can be issued to you.
If you are a child of the bride or groom, the certificate can be issued to you if the bride and groom are deceased.
Please provide at least three forms of your ID (either the bride or groom, not both).
If you are not the bride or groom named on the certificate or their child, you must satisfy one of the following conditions :
Provide a : Letter of Authority, giving permission to apply and at least three forms of ID from the bride or groom named on the certificate, and your own ID.
Show Power of Attorney relating to the bride or groom named on the certificate.
Be a solicitor/welfare group acting for or in the interests of the bride or groom named on the certificate solicitors applying for certificates on behalf of clients.
Proof Of Identification (ID)
To protect your privacy, all certificate applications must be accompanied by ID. The application can only be used if the marriage occurred in NSW.
Please provide at least three forms of ID , one of each from Categories 1, 2 and 3. If you are unable to provide identification from Categories 1 and 2, you must still provide at least three forms of ID. At least two of these must be from Category 3.
All documents except foreign passports must be current.
If born in Australia:
Record of immigration status:
If you cannot comply with these requirements, please contact us for advice.
Commemorative marriage certificate packages
Along with the standard marriage certificate, the Registry also offers a range of Commemorative marriage certificates. Perfect to remember your special day, whether that was recently or celebrating an anniversary.
All Commemorative certificate packages include a Standard Certificate.
Available in six unique designs;
Printed on archival quality paper;
Standard framing size of 210mm x 297mm (A4 size);
Beautifully presented, wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and packaged in a gold cylinder..
- Kevin & Erin - June 2018
- Tony & Tania - June 2018
- Sarah & Christian - May 2018
- Andrew & Eleni - June 2018
- Elias & Jennifer- May 2018
- Josef & Julianna - Jan 2018
- Roky & Alexia- Nov 2017
- Christian & Natalie
- Youseff & Celine- Nov 2017
- Kosta & Christina - September 2017
- Spiro & Stephanie - September 2017
- Youssef & Hebah - September 2017
- Daniel & Laura - October 2017
- Alex & Cassandra - September 2017
- Katerina & Stathi’s Wedding
- Hussan and Zeina - July 2017
- Marwan & Mirna - July 2017
- Jeremy & Dunja - July 2017
- Elias & Louisa Wedding - July 2017
- Amro & Tara - Dream Wedding
- Chris & Kristy - July 2017
- Ali & Nour - July 2017
- Jason & Ceylan- Feb 2017
- Alex & Jemma - Feb 2017
- Micheal & Jessica - Nov 2016
- Steven & Elina - 12 Nov 2016
- Anthony & Suzie - Oct 2016
- Alena & Alexander- Oct 2016
- Steven & Tahney - Sep 2016
- John & Stephanie - Aug 2016
- Ali & Amanda - July 2016
- Andre & Merna - Sep 2016
- Charbel & Alexis - July 2016
- Robbin & Ajlina - Aug 2016
- Mohamed & Rehana - July 2016
- Albert & Zohie - July 2016
- Antonio & Cirine - May 2016
- Tim & Stef - May 2016
- Christopher & Jelena - May 2016
- Sebastian & Saide - Feb 2016
- Rabih & Hala - Feb 2016
- Mitch & Sahar - Feb 2016
- Hussein & Batoul - April 2016
- Carlos & Mary - Feb 2016
- Ali & Sandy - April 2016
- Alex & Danni-Elle - Dec 2015
- Mitch & Sahar
- Ashley & Steven
- Hussan & Maddy
- Andrew & Nancy
- Jaafar & Esraa
- Sargon & Daisy
- Ramy & Fatima
- John & Sarah
- Andrew & Patricia - Nov 2015
- Michael & Anita
- James & Nicole Oct 2015
- Grant & Lavenia - April 2015
- Jason & Chantal
- Andrew & Omilia - Sep 2015
- Simon & Maha
- Mohammed & Rayan - July 2015
- Christopher & Rebecca - May 2015
- Jeffery & Miary - July 2015
- Ahmed & Zina Engagement- March 2018
- Jordan & Jazmin - September 2017
- Louis & Alyce- August 2017
- Dubai photography workshop 2017
- Ahmad & Noelle - July 2017
- Mohamad & Giselle
- Grace & Frank May 2017
- Elmir & Enisa - April 2017
- Malek & Sarah - April 2017
- Ali & Fatima - March 2017
- Ali & Fatmia Pre wedding
- Vincent & Gabrielle - February 2017
- Solomon & Ghiwa - January 2017
- Sarmed & Wafa
- Personalised Wedding Couture
- Relationship Register In Sydney
- Single Status certificate In Sydney
- Marriage Certificate In Sydney Australia
- Marriages In Sydney Australia
- Wedding / Marriages Registry In Sydney Australia
- Wedding Photography Is Expensive But Why
- Economical Ways That Amaze Your Wedding Guests
- Best Wedding Food Ideas
- Want To Preserve Your Wedding Flowers
- YAZZEN PHOTOGRAPHY PRICE AND PACKAGES
- WEDDING IN ROYAL BOTANIC GARDEN, SYDNEY
- Wedding At Balmorals Beach Sydney, Australia
- WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY SYDNEY’S IN MOST BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES
- Wedding Photography Shoot In Sydney
- WEDDING IN NEW ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING AND PRE WEDDING NORTH COAST, NSW, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN NEWCASTLE, NSW, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN MURRAY NSW, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN THE MID NORTH COAST, NSW
- Wedding in Illawarra, NSW
- Wedding and Pre wedding Central Coast, NSW, Australia
- WEDDING IN QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING ON WATSONS BAY, SYDNEY
- DELIGHTFUL WEDDING AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY ON SYDNEY HARBOUR
- WEDDING ON PALM BEACH, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS, SYDNEY
- WEDDING AT BONDI, SYDNEY
- Wedding Photography Sydney, Australia
- Wedding Photography Price In Sydney
- Wedding In Victoria, Australia
- Wedding In Tasmania, Australia
- Wedding In South Australia
- Wedding In Australian Capital Territory
- Wedding In Northern Territory, Australia
- Wedding In New South Wales State, Australia
- Wedding Photography Clients Book Without Meeting
- Tips Of Best Wedding Photography
- Why Focus On Attractive Wedding Photography Photos
- How To Shoot Pre-wedding Photographs
- Our Vision About Groom Suit
- Engagement Day What To Wear
- The True Emotion In Sydney
- Backbone of Wedding Photography Is Light (Flash)
- Why You Chose Yazzen Wedding Photography Australia
- A Wedding Party Just Love And Happiness
- Importance Of Price In Business(Wedding Photography)
- Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.
- Photographer Eyes Is A Original Camera
- We Make Fashion Photographs In Australia Not Take It
- Photojournalism and Wedding Photography
- Camera For Eye-Catching Wedding Photograph
- Behavior Is Like A Mirror
- Love is the key that opens the Door of happiness
- A Precious Occasion Of Life In Sydney
- Relation Of Two Souls One Heart
- Imagine The Wedding Story with Our Photographs
- A Lovely Gift of God
- Remarkable Day Of Every One
- Sweet And Colorful Day Of Life In Sydney