Marriages In Sydney Australia
Posted on Nov 22, 2016
Registering a marriage
Changing your name after marriage
Registering a marriage
The Registry must register the full details of all lawful marriages that occur in NSW, in accordance with the Births, Death and Marriages Registration Act 1995 (S.33) and the Commonwealth Marriage Act 1961.
Marriage Celebrants are responsible for registering marriages within 14 days of the ceremony. If your marriage occurred in NSW and has not been registered, please contact us.
Changing your name after marriage
If you were married in Australia a formal Change of Name is not required if you wish to take your spouse's name. A Standard Marriage Certificate is usually sufficient evidence to have personal documentation, such as your driver's licence and passport, changed to your married surname.
Our certificates contain security features which can't be easily reproduced, and include the full details of the parties to the marriage such as parents' names and dates of birth.
If you decide to take your spouse's name when dealing with authorities such as Roads & Maritime Services or Australian Passports Office, you may be asked to show your Standard Marriage Certificate. Please check with the relevant authority in each case to determine their specific requirements.
Notice of intended marriage (NOIM)
Once you decide to marry, you are required to give a marriage celebrant at least one month notice(not more than 18 months notice) of an intended date of marriage.
From 1 August 1991, the marriageable age is 18 years. If a person, not yet 18, wishes to marry prior to their 18th birthday, only a court empowered to give a 'Section 12' order can give authority for this marriage to be solemnised.
A NOIM may be lodged prior to the 18th birthday, as long as the marriage occurs after the birthday.
Evidence of date and place of birth
Both the bride and groom are required to provide their original Birth Certificate or passport. If these are in another language, they must be officially translated into English.
If you are unable to comply, please contact your marriage celebrant.
If either party has been previously married, you must provide the marriage celebrant with evidence of the termination with either a Divorce Certificate (if divorced) or a full Death Certificate (if widowed). Certificates in a foreign language must be translated into English by an authorised interpreter/translator service.
Photocopies are not accepted.
Contact the Embassy, Consulate or local representative of the country concerned to find out their legal requirements. Your travel agent may also be able to supply details if you book a wedding/honeymoon package.
Single Status certificate - certifies whether you have been married in NSW within a specified period and some countries may require it.
Some countries may require a solicitor's declaration that you are both free to marry. To marry in USA, you may need a blood test.
Australian citizens marrying overseas cannot have their marriage registered in NSW.
For evidence of your overseas marriage, obtain a Marriage Certificate or any other supporting documentation before you leave the country.
If your fiancé is not Australian, and you wish to live in Australia, you will need to lodge official copies of your overseas marriage certificate with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
The Registry does not handle matters relating to divorce.
The Family Court of Australia can assist with your enquiries. When filing for divorce, the Family Court will ask to see a copy of your standard marriage certificate. If you were married in NSW and require a copy, please complete a Marriage certificate application.
Reference By : http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/marriages/marriages.aspx
- Kevin & Erin - June 2018
- Tony & Tania - June 2018
- Sarah & Christian - May 2018
- Andrew & Eleni - June 2018
- Elias & Jennifer- May 2018
- Josef & Julianna - Jan 2018
- Roky & Alexia- Nov 2017
- Christian & Natalie
- Youseff & Celine- Nov 2017
- Kosta & Christina - September 2017
- Spiro & Stephanie - September 2017
- Youssef & Hebah - September 2017
- Daniel & Laura - October 2017
- Alex & Cassandra - September 2017
- Katerina & Stathi’s Wedding
- Hussan and Zeina - July 2017
- Marwan & Mirna - July 2017
- Jeremy & Dunja - July 2017
- Elias & Louisa Wedding - July 2017
- Amro & Tara - Dream Wedding
- Chris & Kristy - July 2017
- Ali & Nour - July 2017
- Jason & Ceylan- Feb 2017
- Alex & Jemma - Feb 2017
- Micheal & Jessica - Nov 2016
- Steven & Elina - 12 Nov 2016
- Anthony & Suzie - Oct 2016
- Alena & Alexander- Oct 2016
- Steven & Tahney - Sep 2016
- John & Stephanie - Aug 2016
- Ali & Amanda - July 2016
- Andre & Merna - Sep 2016
- Charbel & Alexis - July 2016
- Robbin & Ajlina - Aug 2016
- Mohamed & Rehana - July 2016
- Albert & Zohie - July 2016
- Antonio & Cirine - May 2016
- Tim & Stef - May 2016
- Christopher & Jelena - May 2016
- Sebastian & Saide - Feb 2016
- Rabih & Hala - Feb 2016
- Mitch & Sahar - Feb 2016
- Hussein & Batoul - April 2016
- Carlos & Mary - Feb 2016
- Ali & Sandy - April 2016
- Alex & Danni-Elle - Dec 2015
- Mitch & Sahar
- Ashley & Steven
- Hussan & Maddy
- Andrew & Nancy
- Jaafar & Esraa
- Sargon & Daisy
- Ramy & Fatima
- John & Sarah
- Andrew & Patricia - Nov 2015
- Michael & Anita
- James & Nicole Oct 2015
- Grant & Lavenia - April 2015
- Jason & Chantal
- Andrew & Omilia - Sep 2015
- Simon & Maha
- Mohammed & Rayan - July 2015
- Christopher & Rebecca - May 2015
- Jeffery & Miary - July 2015
- Ahmed & Zina Engagement- March 2018
- Jordan & Jazmin - September 2017
- Louis & Alyce- August 2017
- Dubai photography workshop 2017
- Ahmad & Noelle - July 2017
- Mohamad & Giselle
- Grace & Frank May 2017
- Elmir & Enisa - April 2017
- Malek & Sarah - April 2017
- Ali & Fatima - March 2017
- Ali & Fatmia Pre wedding
- Vincent & Gabrielle - February 2017
- Solomon & Ghiwa - January 2017
- Sarmed & Wafa
- Personalised Wedding Couture
- Relationship Register In Sydney
- Single Status certificate In Sydney
- Marriage Certificate In Sydney Australia
- Marriages In Sydney Australia
- Wedding / Marriages Registry In Sydney Australia
- Wedding Photography Is Expensive But Why
- Economical Ways That Amaze Your Wedding Guests
- Best Wedding Food Ideas
- Want To Preserve Your Wedding Flowers
- YAZZEN PHOTOGRAPHY PRICE AND PACKAGES
- WEDDING IN ROYAL BOTANIC GARDEN, SYDNEY
- Wedding At Balmorals Beach Sydney, Australia
- WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY SYDNEY’S IN MOST BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES
- Wedding Photography Shoot In Sydney
- WEDDING IN NEW ENGLAND, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING AND PRE WEDDING NORTH COAST, NSW, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN NEWCASTLE, NSW, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN MURRAY NSW, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN THE MID NORTH COAST, NSW
- Wedding in Illawarra, NSW
- Wedding and Pre wedding Central Coast, NSW, Australia
- WEDDING IN QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING ON WATSONS BAY, SYDNEY
- DELIGHTFUL WEDDING AND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY ON SYDNEY HARBOUR
- WEDDING ON PALM BEACH, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE, AUSTRALIA
- WEDDING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS, SYDNEY
- WEDDING AT BONDI, SYDNEY
- Wedding Photography Sydney, Australia
- Wedding Photography Price In Sydney
- Wedding In Victoria, Australia
- Wedding In Tasmania, Australia
- Wedding In South Australia
- Wedding In Australian Capital Territory
- Wedding In Northern Territory, Australia
- Wedding In New South Wales State, Australia
- Wedding Photography Clients Book Without Meeting
- Tips Of Best Wedding Photography
- Why Focus On Attractive Wedding Photography Photos
- How To Shoot Pre-wedding Photographs
- Our Vision About Groom Suit
- Engagement Day What To Wear
- The True Emotion In Sydney
- Backbone of Wedding Photography Is Light (Flash)
- Why You Chose Yazzen Wedding Photography Australia
- A Wedding Party Just Love And Happiness
- Importance Of Price In Business(Wedding Photography)
- Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.
- Photographer Eyes Is A Original Camera
- We Make Fashion Photographs In Australia Not Take It
- Photojournalism and Wedding Photography
- Camera For Eye-Catching Wedding Photograph
- Behavior Is Like A Mirror
- Love is the key that opens the Door of happiness
- A Precious Occasion Of Life In Sydney
- Relation Of Two Souls One Heart
- Imagine The Wedding Story with Our Photographs
- A Lovely Gift of God
- Remarkable Day Of Every One
- Sweet And Colorful Day Of Life In Sydney